Classification by Spray Method
Spray dryer is a one-step direct drying method from raw material solution to finished powder.
The Parts of Spray Dryers
Although the specifications depend on the manufacturers, spray dryers generally have the following parts:
- Feed pump - Here the raw material liquid is received.
- Dust recovery system - They are responsible for collecting the dust generated by the evaporation of moisture from the dew.
- Air disperser - Once the hot air has already eliminated the moisture from the dew, it is dispersed in this part of the dryer.
- Air heater - It supplies the current of hot air for the thermal shock with the dew drops.
- Atomizer - It is responsible for converting the liquid into dew drops.
- Control systems - These systems allow the process temperature to be controlled as well as the intensity of the air currents.
Which One You Should Choose?
The selection of spray drying is to select the most suitable spray drying method according to the characteristics of raw materials, moisture content, raw material state, and finished product form.
1. The Difference Between Working Principle
Centrifugal Spray Dryer Principle
The working principle of centrifugal spray drying process: After the raw material is atomized by the centrifugal atomizer, a specific surface area of the raw material is increased, and the heat exchange with the hot air of our spray dryer is instantaneous, and the moisture of the raw material is evaporated instantly, and our powder product is obtained.
Pressure Spray Dryer Principle
The working principle of pressure spray drying process: The raw materials are transported to our pressure spray gun through a high-pressure diaphragm pump. Under the action of high pressure, the raw materials are atomized through the nozzle of the spray gun, and then contact with the hot air of the equipment instantly to evaporate the water to obtain our products.
Closed Loop Spray Dryer Principle
Principle of closed-loop spray dryer process: The closed-circuit spray dryer circulates in the spray dryer equipment through inert gas, and is aimed at the spray drying of raw materials containing organic solvents, and other toxic and harmful substances.
2. The Difference Between Acceptable Materials & Applications
Centrifugal Spray Dryer Material & Applications
The centrifugal spray dryer is atomized by a high-speed centrifugal atomizer. The rotation speed is faster, the atomization is more uniform, and the obtained product powder is relatively fine.
Centrifugal spray dryers are used in some common pharmaceutical intermediates, plant extracts, hydrolyzed proteins, chemical raw materials, new materials and other related fields.
Pressure Spray Dryer Material & Applications
The pressure spray dryer is atomized by a spray gun, the nozzle of the spray gun can be adjusted, the atomization cone angle is controllable, and the product is small granular or spherical with good fluidity.
Pressure spray dryers are used in some common dairy industries, non-dairy creamers, dyes, and some related fields that require large particles and good fluidity.
Spray Dryer Applications
Spray Drying In Food Industry
Hydrolyzed protein, spices, plant extracts, natural pigments, eggs, plasma blood cells, dairy products, enzymes, etc.
Spray Drying In Pharmaceutical Industry
APIs, Chinese herbal extracts, pharmaceutical excipients, antibiotics, etc.
Spray Drying In Powder Industry
Milk powder, fruit powder, organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, dyes, resins, detergents, active agents, etc.
Spray Drying In Ceramic Industry
Ceramics, lithium batteries, magnetic materials, etc.
Spray Drying - A Gentle Way to Dry Your Product
With our efficient spray dryers, your raw material retains its natural aromas, flavors and nutrients.
Spray drying technology can transform almost any liquid into powder form, while preserving natural flavors, aromas and nutrients.
In the spray drying process, the liquid raw material is atomized into a heated air stream, where the droplets rapidly dry and are then converted into individual particles.
We use a multi-stage air distributor, which allows us to control the different injection temperatures and speeds throughout the process. This results in gentle treatment of the powder particles, and the product technical variables and material properties can be precisely adjusted to specifically meet customer requirements for particle size, morphology and moisture content of the final product.
We can also produce dust-free products with improved flowability and wettability as well as increased average particle size for better solubility.
Advantages of Spray Drying
- High performance, because the process is very fast (a few seconds)
- Allowing the use of various drying air temperatures without affecting the qualities of the product
- Continuous and constantly controlled process
- A single operator manages the installation
- Easy automation
- Continuously work 24 hours
Some Points Are Essential To Have A More Complete View Of Spray Dryers
- A high flow of drying air causes a rapid displacement of the product from the chamber with increased residual humidity.
- Low output of drying air causes long permanence of the product in the chamber, which results in a very dry powder.
- High air velocity favors good separation in the cyclone.
- The high velocity of the atomizing disc results in smaller product particles.
- Higher product concentration results in larger product particles. The low concentration of the product and the high speed of the atomizing disk result in very small product particles, which makes optimal cyclonic separation difficult.
- With very small and light particles, the dust extraction must be carried out with bag-type filters.
- Increasing the flow rate of the dosing pump with a constant inlet temperature of the desiccated air results in a decrease in temperature outlet temperature.
- The inlet temperature is the same as the temperature of the air entering the drying chamber, which is introduced through an air disperser, by means of a fan/exhaustor, which comes into contact with the pulverized product, carrying out vaporization.
- The final product (solid) is not subjected to the input temperature. The temperature of the drying air with the solvent vapors plus the dry matter, before entering the cyclone, is called the outlet temperature. This temperature is not necessarily the temperature of the dry matter, which remains relatively cold according to the time it remains in the cyclone equipment. Therefore we conclude that the outlet temperature can be considered as the maximum temperature that the final product could reach with a slow recovery process.
Get In Touch With Us
Griffin Machinery, an experienced and reliable partner.
If you are also looking for a gentle, yet effective way to dry your product, please contact us for advice. Our team is ready to help you find the right solution for your project.
Where Is Your Factory?
We are located in Changzhou City near Shanghai.
What's The Quality Of Your Machine?
Our company follows strict quality controls and various systematic procedures. We take utmost care of quality at every stage of the manufacturing process. You can rest assured of the quality absolutely.
What Is The Warranty Period?
24 hours timely response to mail and phone calls. We will provide a one-year warranty to make sure your machine runs consistently.
What Is The Payment Term?
Our regular payment term is 30% TT in advance, 70% TT before shipment.
Does Your Price Include Freight?
Our usual price is based on FOB Shanghai. We can provide a CIF quote upon request.